Meraas, a Dubai-based holding company, is participating in Cityscape Global, the region’s largest and most influential real estate event, taking place from September 6-8, 2016. Reinforcing its promise towards creating unique experiences, Meraas will showcase its highly anticipated project La Mer, a beachfront destination combining distinctive retail and leisure attractions with a range of retail and F&B concepts, waterfront living and a hotel.
La Mer, set in a spectacular location along the shoreline, will be spread over 9.5 million square feet of existing and reclaimed land and will comprise four distinct zones – a beach, an entertainment hub, North Island, and South Island. 60 percent of construction has already been completed and La Mer will welcome visitors in Q4 2017.
La Mer will offer a new lifestyle living experience to the Jumeirah area, which is emerging as one of the most prime districts in the city as the Dubai Water Canal takes shape. With new hotels, restaurants, residential developments as well as waterside walkways and running tracks on the banks of the Canal all set to be completed soon, Jumeirah will be in the spotlight as one of the most appealing and sought-after destinations in Dubai.
His Excellency Abdulla Al Habbai, Group Chairman, Meraas, commented: “La Mer will be a world-class development that will help diversify the fabric of Dubai’s offering for tourists and residents alike, and will set benchmarks for mixed-use developments worldwide. In line with the Tourism Vision 2020 outlined by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Vice President & Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, to position Dubai as the first choice for the international leisure and business traveler, Meraas has successfully introduced new destinations which have strengthened Dubai’s landscape across retail, residential, hospitality, leisure and entertainment. Our innovative and creative approach to design makes our destinations stand out, and each destination provides a distinctive and memorable experience.”
La Mer joins Meraas’ extensive line-up of unconventional destinations which are designed to create unique experiences for residents and tourists alike and include:
· CITY WALK – an urban living destination made up of residential and commercial areas spanning an area of 10 million square feet. Comprising living, shopping, entertainment, hospitality and wellness options in one integrated space, CITY WALK offers UAE residents and tourists an ideal place to stay, meet, socialize, shop, dine and spend quality time with their loved ones. Conceptualised to evolve into a city within the city, CITY WALK comprises 1500 apartments with over 300 brands of fashion and F&B concepts, some of which are new to the UAE. CITY WALK is also home to six new leisure and entertainment attractions, namely Hub Zero, the first indoor gaming hub and Green Planet, the region’s only stand-alone indoor tropical forest. Moreover, the destination features a hotel and an exceptional wellness and healthcare component, Valiant Clinic, an outpatient facility providing comprehensive diagnostic and wellness services with a focus on preventive care, scheduled to open doors later this year.
· THE BEACH – Meraas’ addition to the retail and F&B landscape, offering first-time experiences of an outdoor lifestyle venue where urban meets the sea. Minimalistic in design and detailed with architectural definition, THE BEACH spans up to 320,000 square feet and houses plentiful choices for the ultimate day out including activities, fitness facilities, retail stores, Cineplex, restaurants, ‘The Market’, an outdoor artisanal bazaar, seaside leisure and adventure with ‘Sea Breeze’, as well as ‘Splash Pad’, a play-area for kids.
· BOXPARK – a destination by Meraas contributing to Dubai’s high street retail, outdoor dining and entertainment proposition. Offering distinctive retail experiences and quirky dining options in a hip and modern setting, the destination spans 1.2 kilometres and is located on Al Wasl Road. BOXPARK seeks to debut local and international concepts in its stores comprising world-class retail, restaurants, cafes and entertainment brands. The destination currently hosts 44 stores and serves as a go-to space for artists and entertainers.
· The Outlet Village – a picturesque retail enclave offering visitors a unique shopping experience. Housing three department stores, family entertainment, international dining and over 125 brands such as Galeries Lafayette, DKNY, Dunhill, Guiseppe Zanotti and many more, The Outlet Village is the ideal destination to acquire iconic brands at exceptional prices.
· Last Exit – a first-of-its-kind gourmet food truck park destination offering commuters and visitors alike a wide selection of fresh and tasty street food and many other convenient services in a fun atmosphere. Inspired by the American food truck stops, Last Exit is the first of its kind in the region and serves breakfast, lunch, dinner or simply, a snack on the way – 24/7, seven days a week from more than 14 gourmet food truck concepts.