- Distribution of Nol cards that include sums of money to senior citizens and resident families of several taxi drivers to enable them to purchase their needs in the Holy Month of Ramadan
- RTA provides Iftar throughout Ramadan for cleaning staff and security officials at Latifa Hospital, Rashid Hospital and Dubai Ambulance Service
The Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) has allocated 30 taxis daily to deliver thousands of meals to the beneficiaries of the ‘10 million meals’ campaign that was launched under the directives of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of UAE and Ruler of Dubai, and led by his wife Her Highness Sheikha Hind bint Maktoum bin Juma Al Maktoum, Chairperson of the Board of Trustees of UAE Food Bank, to support communities affected by the coronavirus across the country, throughout the Holy month of Ramadan.
In addition, RTA will donate topped-up Nol cards to senior citizens and resident families of taxi drivers to enable them to purchase their needs in the Holy month of Ramadan. The authority will also be providing Iftar throughout Ramadan for the cleaning staff and security officials at Latifa Hospital, Rashid Hospital and Dubai Ambulance Service, as well as those who work in silence in such difficult times, knowing that all precautions and the best safety measures will be followed during the handover process of food.
RTA’s contribution to this humanitarian cause, includes the seamless flow of logistical support for in-kind contributions made by institutions, companies and individual volunteers who add qualitative, non-traditional contributions in support of the campaign.
In a statement, His Excellency Mattar Al Tayer, Director General and Chairman of the Board of Executive Directors of RTA said, “His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, a pioneer in humanitarian acts and white hands in the field of charity, has made it a habit for us to launch humanitarian and social initiatives to serve humanity across the world. The ‘Dubai Cares’ initiative was aimed at spreading education in poor countries, the campaign ‘Noor Dubai’ is to restore hope for the people deprived of the blessing of sight, then the initiative ‘Dress One Million Needy Children’, the ‘Suqia’ campaign, and the ‘Reading Nation’ initiative – these initiatives and campaigns come in support of the path of giving, whose rules were laid down by our founding father, the late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, as the act of goodness has become the identity of the UAE.”
The largest food distribution drive organized by Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Global Initiatives, in cooperation with the Community Solidarity Fund Against COVID-19. The campaign and the supporting institutes are making sure that the contributions of all donors with be distributed to the needy amongst the country, according to an integrated logistical support network and a detailed database of the various cases in need of support.
Four ways to donate
- Individuals and entities can make financial or in-kind donations to provide food assistance to people in need as part of the ’10 million meals’ campaign.
- Donors can purchase a preferred number of meals online at www.10millionmeals.ae to be distributed to disadvantaged individuals and families across the country. They can also donate via SMS (Etisalat and Du) to numbers listed on the website.
- Donors can make a transfer to ’10 million meals’ campaign bank account at Dubai Islamic Bank with IBAN no.:AE430240001580857000001.
- For in-kind contributions, donors have the chance to provide packaged or canned food supplies or arrange food parcels for distribution through directly contacting the campaign’s organizing team on the toll-free number 8004006.