One of the hottest fashion events in the Middle East, Fashion Forward (FFWD), will make a comeback next month. The names of the designers that will participate in the fifth season of FFWD will be announced over the next few weeks. However, many other details about the event have already been revealed. Here are the top 5 facts that you need to know about the upcoming Fashion Forward Season 5.
- The fifth edition of Dubai’s Fashion Forward will once again span over a period of three days. The event will kick off on April 10, 2015 and it will continue until April 12, 2015. Also, Fashion Forward Season 5 will be once again staged in the Madinat Jumeirah.
- The shows will present regional designers’ ready-to-wear and couture collections for Fall 2015. We secretly hope the collections will be more original.
- For the first time ever, consumers will get the chance to buy pieces featured in the runway collections of the participating fashion designers at the new Garden retail space. Previously, that was possible only with accessories.
- Fashion Forward’s organizers promise that the event will include a greater number of “outstanding” designers and talents from both the region and the world. Also, there will be greater balance between industry seminars and fashion shows during the new FFWD season. For industry professionals, the talks are usually more interesting than the shows.
- Fashion Forward Season 5 will wrap up with a special fashion event held at Dubai Design District. Further details about it are yet to be announced. However, what is known for now is that it will feature a showroom area where fashion designers will be able to show off their collections not only to industry experts and retailers, but to consumers as well.
The previous edition of Dubai’s Fashion Forward was organized back in October 2014 and it coincided with Eid Al Adha holiday.