Every year, University of Dubai achieves a number of fruitful and innovative goals that reinforce its reputation as one of the top quality universities in the UAE.
Commenting on this year’s top 10 achievements, UD President Dr. Eesa Bastaki stated: “We are proud of our faculty, staff, students and alumni who achieved many goals this year and made us proud as an institution of higher education.” He added that “more goals and achievements are realized every year by our students and alumni. This is why UD always embraces its students and alumni and offers them exceptional opportunities to enhance their skills, contribute to community well-being, and make a difference in society.”
Here are the Top 10 Achievements during the 2015-2016 Academic Year:
- UD staff, faculty, and students moved to the new campus in Dubai Academic City and celebrated this step which is an essential asset toward the advancement and progress of the university.
2. UD launched a scholarship program that grants outstanding high- school students up to 50% discounts on their tuition fees upon their enrollment.
3. University of Dubai Alumni Association (UDAA), hosted its second “Annual Charity Gala Suhoor” at Burj Al Arab Hotel and raised more than 400,000 AED for meritorious students who are facing financial challenges.
4. UD organized a unique “Job Fair” with more than 1,500 people attending the event. Students from UD in addition to other universities as well as other job seekers were interviewed by more than 40 government and private companies.
5- UD “International Festival Day” attracted exceptional crowd at the new campus in Academic City in which nine student clubs exhibited their diverse cultures through dance performances, delicious food, and many other activities.
6. The Center for Executive Development (CED) at UD held its first “Annual Forum” at UD’s new campus in Dubai Academic City. H.E. Dr. Abdullah Al Karam, Director General of the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA), delivered a keynote speech at the event which aims at highlighting the work and vision of CED.
7. UDAA organized its seventh “Annual Homecoming” event attended by the Minister of State for Higher Education Affairs Dr. Ahmad Belhoul Al Falasi who urged more than 300 Alumni from UD to continue their efforts to enrich the education sector with new ideas and supply the work market with best human resources in the country.
8. UD unveiled a “Happiness and Positivity Program” as the first initiative of its kind in the world aimed at spreading happiness and positivity within the education sector. The announcement followed the UAE Cabinet endorsement of Happiness and Positivity Charter.
9. UD signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Trakhees Ports, Customs, and Free Zone Corporation to develop human resource capabilities in Trakhees and offer vocational training for pre-graduation students in the university.
10. UD Board of Trustees adopted the name “Dubai Business School” for its College of Business Administration along with a five-year strategic plan to advance the university’s mission as one of the best universities in the Arab world.
Approaching the end of 2016, UD is looking forward to a new year embellished with more achievements, success, engagement, and improvements. The upcoming year will also testify the dedication of UD to its students, staff, and faculty and continue to raise the slogan “Local Roots, Global Reach”.