The Fire TV Stick as you know it is set to be discontinued. This is one of the reasons why right no you can purchase the original Fire TV Stick with $5 discount and the Fire TV Stick with Remote Control with $10 off the original price of $49.99.
The $39 Fire TV Stick was first launched in October 2014 and since then it became one of Amazon’s best selling products. With a dual-core CPU and 1GB RAM, the stick is relatively under-powered. It can’t run games and apps, and it also lacks several features support for Bluetooth headphones, for example, found in the Fire TV. The more sophisticated Fire TV Stick with Remote Control was launched in 2015 and also became an instant hit among consumers.
According to a fresh leak online, the company is testing a new media streaming device that runs Android 5.1 on a quad-core MediaTek CPU with 1.5GB RAM and 8GB of internal storage?! The supposedly upgraded version of the media streamer also features a Wifi and Bluetooth.
The new model will be likely more expensive than the available on the market right now as it will offer enhanced functionality. It will cost at least $20 more that the $39,99 sources tipped us.
Some key details:
- Fire TV Stick is Amazon’s best-selling streaming media stick, that now comes with a voice remote. Find all your favorites just by speaking into the remote.
- Now with Alexa, use your Fire TV Voice Remote to check sports scores or the weather, play music, and more – instantly
- Just plug into your HDTV and start streaming in minutes. The easiest way to enjoy over 250,000 TV episodes and movies on Netflix, Amazon Video, HBO GO, and Showtime Anytime, plus games, music, and apps.
- Cutting the cord? Watch the best of live TV on NBC News, NBA, and Sling TV, which includes ESPN, CNN, HGTV, AMC, A&E, Cartoon Network, and more.
- The most powerful streaming media stick with 4x the storage and 2x the memory of Chromecast plus a dual-core processor, 1 GB of memory, and ASAP so the Amazon movies and shows you like start instantly
- Never miss out. Bring Fire TV Stick with you to watch your favorites away from home, even in hotels and dorm rooms.
- Amazon Prime members get unlimited access to Prime Video, including original programming like Transparent, plus over 1 million songs with Prime Music