Mubadala Aerospace’s participation at the 22nd edition of the Dubai Airshow, as the event’s biggest exhibitor, matches the Abu Dhabi company’s ambitions of building and maintaining a globally competitive advantage through the creation of value-added strategic partnerships with major global aerospace players.
With a combined stand and chalet presence spanning 1,450m2 and 900m2respectively, Mubadala Aerospace’s participation at this week’s show encompasses its comprehensive portfolio of companies from across the key aerospace sectors of MRO (maintenance, repair and overhaul), OEM (original equipment manufacturer), Aerostructures, and Pilot Training.
Homaid Al Shemmari, Executive Director of Mubadala Aerospace said: “During the last few years, Mubadala Aerospace has built a robust portfolio of complementary specialist aerospace companies. We have a prudent yet ambitious business model and our credibility as a growing global player comes not just from being a business unit of Mubadala Development Company, but also a highly appealing platform for those in the industry seeking a reliable risk-sharing partner and a high quality service provider.”
Al Shemmari continued: “Mubadala Aerospace also has an important mandate to contribute to establishing the emirate of Abu Dhabi as a global aerospace hub and to that end we have already achieved significant milestones with the establishment of Strata and the up and coming Nibras Al Ain Aerospace Park.”
Mubadala Aerospace companies attending this year’s Dubai Airshow include:
– Abu Dhabi Aircraft Technologies (ADAT) and SR Technics, who form the Mubadala Aerospace MRO network.
– Sanad Aero Solutions, the component and engine financing solutions company which is a significant enabler for the MRO network.
– Advanced Military Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul Center (AMMROC), a joint venture between ADAT, Sikorsky and Lockheed Martin that provides best practice military aviation MRO for a range of fixed and rotary wing aircraft.
– Strata Manufacturing (Strata), a market-leading composite aerostructures company with a state-of-the-art manufacturing plant in Al Ain.
– Horizon International Flight Academy, a leading Flight Training Organization in the Middle East delivering internationally-accredited fixed and rotary wing programmes,who will be sponsoring the Gulf Aviation Training Event (GATE) at Dubai Airshow.
– Piaggio Aero, the only company in the world that is active in the design, manufacturing and maintenance of both aircraft and aircraft engines.Mubadala Aerospace holds a 31.5% stake in Piaggio Aero and became a shareholder in 2006.
Each of these companies will be making various important announcements throughout the five-day event which is being held at Dubai Airport Expo from Sunday November 13th, 2011 to Thursday November 17th, 2011.
Another Mubadala Aerospace highlight during the event is the “Star Hunter” or “Cacciatore di Stelle”, a painted Piaggio Aero P180 Avanti II aircraft decorated with ancestral symbols, constellations and geometrical designs in homage to the skies in which it travels – a genuine work of art by renowned Italian sculptor, painter and printmaker Master MimmoPaladino- who will be present at the Airshow. The aircraft will be officially unveiled on Sunday 13th November, 2011 from 10.00am at the Mubadala Aerospace Stand.
Education and training will be a key feature of Mubadala Aerospace’s presence at this year’s show and in highlighting its commitment to this area, Mubadala Aerospace is proud to announce its sponsorship of Futures Day 2011, being held on Thursday 17th November, 2011.
Commenting on its sponsorship of Futures Day, Homaid Al Shemmari said: “The continuous development of its education and training programmes and support for Emiratization is a key strategic objective for Mubadala Aerospace. By investing in future generations, we are in turn investing in the future of Abu Dhabi’s economy. Mubadala Aerospace is proud to be supporting Futures Day at this year’s Dubai Airshow as part of its pledge to develop, train and create opportunities for the United Arab Emirates’ next generation of aerospace professionals.”
The Mubadala Aerospace Stand, will be hosting daily inspirational speakers from the world of aviation, aerospace, engineering, and sportin its Careers and Education Zone.
Throughout the week the Mubadala Aerospace Stand will also be home to a KidZania® zone. Mubadala Aerospace and Strata are working with KidZania® to develop roles for children wanting to learn more about the aerospace and aviation industry, by constructing roles that represent typical careers one might find in the sector.