March 18, 2013 · 1 Comment
Many people plan to get rid of a few extra pounds, especially right before holiday trips. Spring breaks and vacations are almost here, so why don’t you combine your vacation this time with a weight loss routine?
The first thing that comes to mind when mentioning weight loss clinics is misery, starvation and hard fitness regime, but a weight loss spa is in fact a great choice. Weight loss programs are a real nightmare for dieters and it’s a common misconception that weight loss spas are some boot camps that make you eat only vegetables and exercise all day long. If you choose the right facility you will discover that a spa vacation for weight loss actually provides a far better, and even life-changing experience. They combine the relaxing, leisure activities with fitness and exercise, and most importantly, experts that explain how to treat your body in the best way to manage your weight. Great resource for finding suitable spa in you region is SpaFinder.com Read more
February 9, 2013 · Leave a Comment.........
Facebook is an individual’s archive. It consists of pictures of your children, your political views and, from time to time, some personal revelation.
You FB profile can be easily found and browsed by your future employers, the police and your partners. In addition, advertises constantly analyze your activity to create targeted ads. Read more
January 30, 2013 · Leave a Comment.........
How to achieve happiness and satisfaction in life without worrying too much of having bad feelings? All these questions are answered in 10 simple rules that can help us to live rich and meaningful lives.
Having a happy life doesn’t mean we need to have a lot of money or strong faith. Based on the teaching of Ancient Greek philosophers these principles condition us how to be in harmony with ourselves and world without any religious ideas and spirituality. The driving force, shown here is the rational thought of the human being. These are the 10 Golden Rules of having a good life:
1. Explore the world with your mind, participate in your life fully, instead of being an observer. You would be better doing something foolish rather than doing nothing, because you will always regret being inactive. Try to occupy your thought and never rest, because the Greeks say that mind is nature’s greatest gift to the people.
2. Don’t worry about things that are not in your power, otherwise stress can overwhelm you.
3. Appreciate your friends. Friendship, or socializing, is one of the things that make us human, and people can’t have a rich and meaningful life without at least one genuine friend.
4. Seek and experience real pleasure, not in some hedonistic way, but simple, true pleasures of life. Replace restaurants and extravagant experiences with enjoying time with your closest people, for example; pleasures for both your body and soul.
5. Try to achieve personal freedom, not a political one, but your own. Confront your fears and stay true to yourself, although self-deceit is so common to everyone.
6. Moderation is a key factor in achieving happiness. Excess usually leads to unfortunate outcomes – when you overspend, you bankrupt; when you overeat, you gain weight; when you oversleep, your head aches, and so on. Moderation and balance should be your “magic” words.
7. Be responsible and honest with yourself, don’t allow any excuses. When you fail, don’t blame others, but take responsibility and change something in your life, so that you won’t fail again.
8. Don’t seek money and power blindly without knowing what to do with them. Money is important in today’s society, but still far from sufficient condition for living happily. There are many others aspects of life such as love, satisfaction, health, or friendship.
9. Don’t harm the people around you, and even try not to hate them. Bad actions and feelings have always mirror effect, even if you don’t notice it at first. As human beings we all have conscience which, sooner or later, will make us regret every mean action and word.
10. Kindness to others is not only a religious principle, according to which the soul will be rewarded after life. Kindness to others, according Ancient Greeks, gives you a feeling of satisfaction and completeness and in that sense, it returns to you.
It turns out that the ancient philosophy can be applied even today, after more than 2,500 years and if you try to incorporate them in your life, soon you will feel more confident, relaxed and satisfied. And who knows, you can even achieve your long-waited wealth, love or prosperity.
January 25, 2013 · Leave a Comment.........
Using a smartphone is a great way to connect to the world. This devices, in addition, come with many new features that can keep you amused even in the most boring hours of the day. However, many people don’t know that there are certain lines that should not be crossed. In this article, we will list a few important smartphone etiquette rules which every smartphone owner should follow.
Rule #1 -Keep Your Voice Down
Even if the person you are talking to on the phone is miles away from you that doesn’t mean that you should shout at him. In most cases, phone owners talk in a loud voice because their sound volume is too low. The saddest thing about this is that they don’t even realize it. Therefore, before you even start using your smartphone, set the volume of your device so that you can hear without any strain.
Rule #2 – Don’t Ignore the Real World for Your Smartphone
Smartphones never get boring. You constantly download new apps and music or you can browse the web and send text messages. That is why many smartphone owners tend to get absorbed by their phones. As a result, they don’t pay attention to what is going on around them. They ignore their friends and families. The worst thing is that this absorption can sometimes lead to accidents. Many people use their smartphones when they are crossing the street or even when they are driving. If you are one of them, you should stop doing that now before it is too late.
Rule #3 – Don’t Turn Your Smartphone into a Boombox
Smartphones are equipped with lots of memory and great sound technology. They make a nice portable music player. However, some users love to share their favourite tracks with the world. They don’t use earphones and they just play the music out loud so that everyone can hear it. Although you may like this, the people who are around you may not be in a mood for your music terror.
Rule #4 – Easy on the Flashes
All smartphones come with cameras. That allows users to take photos on the go. Nevertheless, there are people who enjoy making snaps a little too much. They are constantly in your face and they “irradiate” you with their flashes. Moreover, your worst pics end up on some social network where everyone gets to see and comment it. If you are a smartphone paparazzi, remember to ask before you snap and post.
Rule #5 – Pick Notifications that Won’t Lead to a Heart Attack
Every time you receive a message or a call, your smartphone will notify you about that. There are many different options that you can use for that – from ringtones and vibrations to lights and flashes. Some smartphone owners have the amazing ability to select the most annoying notifications. For example, a ringtone that is too loud or too dirty, or a vibration that can rock you off your chair. It is better if your smartphone alerts you in a more discreet way. In addition, remember to go on a silent mode when you are in a meeting, conference, plane, theatre and etc.
January 17, 2013 · Leave a Comment.........
Have you ever been to business meeting and worrying whether and how people are going to notice and remember you? In business, the first impressions you give a client or a business partner are crucial to your future business relationship and show how prepared you are. Read more
December 30, 2012 · Leave a Comment.........
No matter if you work from home or in an office, there are a number of things that you should do by the end of the year and before 2013 arrives.
This would actually depend on the sector in which you are working and the nature of your job. However, every professional can use the last days of the year to finish some old tasks and to prepare for the new 2013 year.
This is something very important since often we do not find the time to do it over the year and some things may never get to be finished. Those of you who want to move forward in their careers should look back and remember everything they have done and everywhere they have been. Only then they will know which way to head.
There are at least 10 tasks that you should complete before the end of this year.
It is vital to bring things to and end at your work before 2013 to come. It will be better if you start fresh the New Year. In that way you will be able to focus more easily on your professional tasks and take on projects that will be important in your future career.
Try to see the New Year as a new beginning! That will serve as a chance for you to evaluate your career and its development again. It will also give you an opportunity to plan possible projects you might like to start even if they are not really big or ambitious.
By finishing up all the tasks, sending all the email and making all the phone calls that were left hanging before the end of the year, you will return on your workplace with a fresh focus on the new 2013 year.
Here is a little guidance on how you can finish up 2012 in your office and prepare to greet 2013:
- Finish all the reports that are required after the month or the year ends. Try not to leave them for the next year. Finalise your bills. That can be hard if the latest charges are still not posted to the credit card. However, do your best to wrap up most of your expense reports in 2012.
- Make updates on your professional profiles. See whether your resume, LinkedIn profile and professional resources are updated. That is very important if you are planning to find a new job in next year.
- Make a list of your achievements. Think about the past year and write down your successes. Add as many achievements and you can think of and proved lots of details about them. Mention what you have achieved, why, who pushed you to do it and how that helped the company. Later you can use this list to ask for a promotion, raise, when writing your resume or the review of your performance. Make sure you start and finish this task in 2012 since you may find it hard to remember these things in detail in 2013.
- Write down your goals. On the other side of the paper, create a list with what you want to do in 2013. You can include things not only concerning your job, but also your professional education. If you make a plan of our aims and desires, you will be one step ahead of your coworkers.
- Try to answer various questions about the type of projects in which you would like to participate, or whether you want to go to a class or become a member of a professional association. Write the answers to these questions and place them somewhere you can see them on a regular basis like in your office or on your home refrigerator.
- Expand your network of contacts. Send cards for the holidays to people you have lost contact to. That is the only time of the year when this is acceptable. Those of you have not send a holidays card to the people they know, can use the New Year to fix that.
- Show gratitude. Make others know how they have assisted you in your career in the past one year. Tell them that you thankful for their efforts.
- Put things in order. Clean up your email, voicemail and your office desk. If you do that, you will start 2013 with a neat workplace. That can decrease your stress levels.
- Leave an out-of-office reply on both your email and voice mail. Even though this is a logical thing to do before the holidays, you would be surprised to find how many people actually forget to do it. Although you will have some time off, others may not have that chance or desire. Don’t put your relationships at stake.
- Leave work for a while. Even if your holiday is free, relax and rest as much as you can by spending some time with the people you love. Try to stay away from your work email or phone. You have worked all year long for this break, so enjoy it! In that way you will come back in the office recharged and prepared for the New Year!
December 29, 2012 · Leave a Comment.........
Amazon is not only known as a trustworthy retailer and an innovative gadgets producer. The company is also specializing in offering many different gift cards to their clients. Amazon has cards that can be used for anyone you know and for any occasion you can think of.
Now Amazon.com has prepared a special service to mark the upcoming New Year’s Eve. The e-retailer is currently offering a collection of New Year’s gift cards. So those of you who want to surprise their friends for the new 2013, should better read on! Read more
December 23, 2012 · Leave a Comment.........
There is no much time left until Christmas. Many people have already taken the time to prepare special gifts for their friends and family. Maybe you have done the same thing. If not, don’t you worry! There is always a solution, especially when it comes to last-minute Christmas gifts. The best last minute present you can buy is a gift card. Gift cards don’t require much time to buy and they give a great freedom to the receiver. In addition, today almost every company and store offers various gift cards for its clients. Read more
December 21, 2012 · Leave a Comment.........
It’s Christmas time – the time of making lists – list of gifts, list of things to do, food to prepare, people to see. List of things NOT to do.
Yes, it might sound strange, but sometimes this is the only thing we forget. If you want to avoid some common mistakes and reduce the stress during the holidays (because this is your time to relax!) follow these 10 simple rules. Read more
December 21, 2012 · Leave a Comment.........
Christmas is the biggest holiday revolving around gift-exchanging. Many people spend weeks planning and saving for Christmas gifts.
However, sometimes we can forget to include a friend on our gift list or we may be too busy to do our Christmas shopping. That is when we need to quickly come up with the perfect gift… or rather the best thing we can find at hand. The result of our blunder may be disastrous and it can disappoint people for whom you care a lot. To save you the embarrassment, we have prepared a list of last-minute Christmas gifts that can quickly save you face. Read more