Dubai’s Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (Dubai Tourism), is cementing Dubai’s position as one of the top destinations to celebrate Chinese New Year with ten days of Chinese festivities happening across the city.
Running from 15 – 24 February, there will be a whole host of activities celebrating Chinese New Year for residents and visitors to enjoy, from traditional Chinese dining offerings to breathtaking shows including contortionist dancers, acrobat wheel and a two-time Guinness World record breaking show, as well as shopping promotions in major retail outlets.
Ahmed Al Khaja, CEO, Dubai Festivals and Retail Establishment (DFRE), an agency of Dubai Tourism, said: “China is a key source market for us and Dubai welcomes an increasing number of Chinese visitors each year. Along with our strategic partners, we’re excited to announce that this year’s celebration of Chinese New Year will be bigger and better than ever before, with an expanded line up of activities set to spread the festive cheer across the city.”
Highlights of this year’s Chinese New Year activities:
- Mall of the Emirates is giving shoppers who spend AED 1,000 or more throughout the Chinese New Year celebrations period the chance to win a daily prize of AED 15,000.
- City Centre Deira shoppers who spend AED 300 at any fashion store will enter into a daily draw to win an in-mall gift card worth AED 5,000 across the 10 days of celebration.
- The Dubai Mall visitors who spend AED 500 or more on Union Pay cards will be entered a daily raffle draw to win one of 300 gifts daily throughout the Chinese New Year celebrations, whilst the mall will also be giving apples away each day as a celebration of the fruit being a symbol of peace in Chinese culture.
- Dubai Festival City Mall visitors can collect their free Chinese New Year special offers booklet from the customer service office, with over 90 exclusive offers across the mall, whilst free shuttle buses will run to the mall from all major hotels during this period.
- Dragon Mart 2 will be offering shoppers who spend AED 200 the chance to win a year’s worth of goods and groceries from Carrefour, up to AED 40,000 in National Bonds and dining vouchers.
- There will be plenty of chances to win at popular Meraas shopping destinations like City Walk, Boxpark, La Mer, The Beach, Al Seef and The Outlet Village throughout Chinese New Year with anyone who spends AED 200 entered into a daily draw to win AED 10,000. Furthermore, all Chinese customers (residents and tourists) will receive a ‘Red Parcel’ VIP gift pack that includes a booklet with exclusive offers for dining, shopping and entertainment at any of the participating Meraas destinations.
Malls across the city will be hosting an array of unique shows and activities to bring a touch of authentic Chinese culture to Dubai.
- Mall of the Emirates will be putting on a daily Magical China show featuring incredible contortionist dancers and an acrobat wheel.
- City Centre Deira will be hosting Kharsha, the Emirati group that aims to promote a positive cultural exchange between the UAE and China. They will be performing daily shows in Centre Court, Level 1.
- The Dubai Mall will be exploring different provinces of China, showcasing authentic Chinese activities including calligraphy, glass bottle painting and umbrella art, as well as traditional Kung Fu Chinese Tea hospitality.
- Dubai Festival City Mall will be bringing the two-time Guinness World Record Breaking show ‘IMAGINE – A Show Like No Other’ to Dubai specially for Chinese New Year. This exclusive show will celebrate the ‘Year of the Dog’ with an artistic display of powerful fire, laser and light. For fashionistas, Grazia Middle East will be hosting a ‘Simply Red’ fashion show, featuring the most beautiful red pieces from top fashion names such as Coach and DKNY style exclusively by the Grazia Middle East team.
- Dragon Mart 2 will be inviting visitors to enjoy a dazzling Panda Garden of Prosperity including daily Chinese entertainment. The Panda Garden of Prosperity will also feature a workshop area where kids will take part in arts and crafts and learn how to make Chinese fans and rattle drums.
- City Walk, Boxpark, La Mer, The Beach, Al Seef and The Outlet Village will be inviting its customers and Chinese visitors to enjoy a fun filled celebration season with entertainment for the whole family.
Dubai Parks and Resorts will celebrate the Chinese New Year across its main attraction areas.
- Riverland Dubai will be presenting ‘Riverside Celebration’ at the Chinese New Year Temple Fair from 10 – 24 February. The event will host a range of Chinese cultural activities, including a traditional market with fun roaming entertainment and spectacular fireworks shows every evening. The French Village zone within Riverland will also be lit up with Chinese lanterns and feature a red wishing tree.
- Families visiting Motiongate will have the chance to meet the ultimate Kung Fu Master Po, enjoy traditionl dragon dancers, learning Chinese calligraphy and live shows everyday bewteem 4 – 9pm from 15 – 17 February.
- Where in Legoland visitors can celebrate Chinese New Year by building a gaint lego mosaic and place their wishes for this year on the wishing wall.
TASTE OF THE ORIENT
- Atlantis, The Palm will be hosting a special Chinese feast at Yuan restaurant, giving diners a chance to experience traditional Chinese performances and enjoy a selection of delicious dishes, including ‘Yu Sheng’ salmon salad served with snow peas and stir-fried lobster seasoned with ginger and spring onion. For those heading to Dubai to celebrate Chinese New Year, Address Hotels and Resorts and Vida Hotels and Resorts will be offering its guests complimentary breakfast and tickets to At The Top, Burj Khalifa, when booking from 1 – 22 February and staying between 12 – 24 February 2018. At.mosphere at the Burj Khalifa will be running a daily high-tea promotion starting from AED420 per person.