Gergana is the founder of New Media Group. Prior to helping launch it in 2012, she was the sole publisher of DubaiChronicle.com for six years. We asked Gergana 24 questions. Here are her 24 answers.
1. What did you have for breakfast this morning?
Two slices of bread with butter and a half mug of coffee.
2. What’s the last great thing you binge-watched?
Noble House with Pierce Brosnan. It is not my first time and I love the book too.
3. Your LinkedIn profile says you are Editor-at-large and Real Estate Professional. How do you split your time between the two?
I am a workaholic Gemini and do get bored easily. So, diversifying my activities comes naturally. A 24/7 busy lifestyle fits me at best.
4. How is the real estate business this year?
Pretty good. Consistency is the key, along with skills.
5. What’s your biggest professional concern?
I’m perpetually afraid of being irrelevant. So, I make sure that we are always out in front of our business. And more often than not that’s acting like we’re not in our business at all.
6. Biggest professional strength?
Learning. It’s such a wonderful thing to discover new things. Reading and listening to books and podcasts. Observe. People watch. I would do it all day if I could.
7. What marketing buzzword annoys you most these days?
Acronyms, abbreviations or slang words.
8. Do you go to any place special when you need to be creative?
I need to be alone at home.
9. Is creativity innate or learned?
Innate. We all are, even if we don’t realize it.
10. Since you started in the publishing business, what’s the biggest change you have witnessed?
Less tolerance for ignorance and laziness. Everything has become so measured.
11. How have you adapted to this change?
By focussing on the result.
12. Digital ad spending will surpass TV spending this year. Is that an opportunity?
If you go where the money goes, you’ll be fine.
13. What’s your favorite vacation spot?
My hometown – Veliko Tarnovo.
14. What’s the biggest risk you’ve taken?
Too many to mention all. Starting DubaiChronicle.com with no prior experience.
15. Your greatest professional achievement?
The one I enjoy most is the media production. If we discuss figures, dealing with real estate is profitable.
16. Your greatest personal achievement?
Outsmarting the risks I have taken.
17. What song is on repeat for you right now?
18. Is there a cause you are passionate about?
19. Who should play you in the movie version of your life?
20. If you weren’t who you are, what would you be doing?
Impersonating Miranda Priestly from The Devil Wears Prada.
21. What do you have an irrational hatred for?
People with no self-awareness.
22. What is your favorite social media platform?
Twitter. It connects me with like-minded people. Most of them I do not know. And I learn a great deal from them.
23. What’s something not on your Twitter profile?
24. What are you most looking forward to in 2017?
Making it the best year I’ve had so far.