With only months to go until LEGOLAND® Dubai and LEGOLAND® Water Park open in October as part of Dubai Parks and Resorts, the region’s largest theme park resort destination, the two parks have unveiled new and exciting details about their combined 60 rides, shows, water slides, attractions and building experiences.
Designed for families aged 2-12, with 6 themed areas, 60 million LEGO® bricks and 15,000 LEGO model structures, LEGOLAND Dubai and LEGOLAND Water Park’s attractions encompass LEGO building experiences and playful learning in one place.
To celebrate the countdown to opening, the LEGOLAND Parks have released more fun details of what everyone can look forward to experiencing in October this year:
· LEGOLAND Dubai will feature six themed lands: FACTORY, LEGO® CITY, IMAGINATION, KINGDOMS, ADVENTURE and MINILAND – each unique in their design, entertainment and playful learning experience.
· From age 3, you can get your LEGOLAND Driver’s License at the LEGO City® Driving School. Children aged 6-12 can learn about road safety and how to drive in LEGO CITY, which will feature 45 mini electric cars.
· Families and children at LEGOLAND Water Park will get a splash-filled thrill from the Joker Soaker’s bucket, spilling a torrential 300 gallons of water every few minutes
· The Dragon Coaster is LEGOLAND Dubai’s biggest ride at 16 metres high and reaches speeds of up to 60 kilometres per hour.
· Over 20 million LEGO bricks will be used in MINILAND, where LEGOLAND Dubai has recreate scenes and famous landmarks from the UAE, GCC and Middle East region, including Burj Khalifa, Burj Al Arab and the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque.
· The largest LEGO model in the Parks (outside of MINILAND) is the Icon Dragon and is made from 395,251 bricks, while the smallest LEGO model is the Minilander made from 20 LEGO bricks.
· It took an impressive total of 3,900 hours to build the biggest LEGO model in the Park, including 1250 hours for new development and 2,650 hours for gluing and assembly.
· The minimum age to get into the DUPLO® Wave Pool is two years old, making it the perfect place for LEGOLAND Water Park’s tiniest tots to cool off.
· LEGOLAND Dubai’s 4D movie theatre will be the only place in the whole of the Middle East where families can watch ‘The LEGO Movie 4D: A New Adventure’.
· LEGOLAND Dubai’s FACTORY area is home to The BIG SHOP, the biggest LEGO store in the Middle East where visitors can find 610 different LEGO Box Sets.
· Submarine Adventure will be home to over 2230 inhabitants, made up of nearly 60 different species of fish, sharks and invertebrates. The largest species is the Zebra Shark at 1.5m and the smallest is Reticulated Damsel at 2cms.
LEGOLAND Dubai, together with LEGOLAND® Water Park, is part of Dubai Parks and Resorts which will also feature motiongate™ Dubai – a unique theme park showcasing some of Hollywood’s most beloved characters from DreamWorks Animation, Sony Pictures Studios and Lionsgate. Committed to bringing together the best of the East and West, Dubai Parks and Resorts will also feature Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, the first ever theme park based on the sights and sounds of Bollywood. The entire destination will be connected by Riverland™ Dubai – a retail, dining and entertainment walkway and guests can stay at the Lapita™ Hotel, a Polynesian-themed resort catering to families.
LEGOLAND® Dubai and LEGOLAND Water Park recently announced the launch of their Annual Pass, offering fun and exciting experiences for guests who want to be the “first to play” at the LEGOLAND parks’ 60 rides, waterslides attractions and building experiences before they officially open to the public in October this year.
The first Annual Pass holders will become privileged members that will be among the first families ever to try the rides and attractions, and will enjoy exclusive incentives including special access to private events helping to put the finishing touches on the park, as well as a commemorative LEGO® brick and Annual Pass Card. In addition to 12 months admission to LEGOLAND Dubai and LEGOLAND Water Park, all annual pass holders will enjoy benefits such as discounts on the park’s retail and food and beverage and special offers throughout the year.
The annual two-park combo pass for LEGOLAND Dubai and LEGOLAND Water Park is priced at 995 AED, with the annual pass for LEGOLAND Dubai only priced at 765 AED, and can be purchased at www.LEGOLAND.ae or at www.dubaiparksandresorts.com