Anthony Russo, owner of the award-winning Russoâ€™s New York Pizzeria, will exhibit at the 2011 Gulfood Exhibition in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, the regionâ€™s largest and most important industry event.
The food, drink, foodservice, and hospitality exhibition will be held February 27 – March 2, 2011, taking up one million square feet of dedicated space at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Center.
Serving the company’s signature extra-large 28-inch party pizza, prepared with fresh dough without additives or preservatives, topped with sauce made from premium hand-selected tomatoes and authentic Italian cheese, Russoâ€™s New York Pizzeria stand will be certain to create a buzz at this years event. Read more
The UAE is closely monitoring developments of unfolding events in Egypt and is fully confident of the ability of brethren in Egypt to overcome this delicate turn and maintain security and stability of the country.
These remarks were made by President His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan during a telephone call he made today with his Egyptian counterpart Mohammed Hosni Mubarak.
The UAE President affirmed his confidence in Egypt’s capacity to surpass the current situations, to restore calm and stability and to deliver whatever is good for Egypt and its people.
- Emiratis in Cairo can contact UAE embassy through the telephone numbers: 0020237766101, 00202237766102, 002027766103 to follow up their conditions.
Briefs gathered from Google News:
- Around 250,000 protesters gathered in Cairo’s Tahrir Square Monday afternoon as anti-government protests continued for the seventh day, the pan-Arab 24-hour news networkÂ Al-Jazeera reported.
- Egypt army ‘will not use force’ on protest Egypt Protest Army CAIRO, Jan 31 AFP
- Egypt is bracing itself for marches and mass demonstrations being organised for Tuesday in both Cairo and Alexandria.
- Huge mounds of rubbish are piling up on street corners and hotels are running out of food as the upheaval takes its toll on Egypt’s second-largest city.
- British Airways announced today that it has changed the timings of its flights in Egypt.
- The secretary-general of OPEC, Abdalla el-Badri, said today in London that the group would boost production if supplies suffer disruption, though it’s not at that point.
- Several multinationals operating in Egypt – Coca-Cola, Heineken, General Motors and Lafarge, to name a few – are pulling back or suspending operations as the week-old uprising gathers force.
- Egypt Air, Egypt’s national airline carrier, has canceled flights from 5 p.m. Â local time (10 a.m. ET) on Tuesday to 10 a.m. (3 a.m. ET) on Wednesday, state television said.
- Microsoft shifts some work out of Egypt Read more
UAE federal ministries and departments will take Thursday ,17 February 2011, corresponding to 14 Rabea’ Awwal 1432 Hijri as a public holiday to mark the Mawlid Nabawi, the birthday of Prophet Mohammed (PBUH), instead of Tuesday, 15 February 2011, corresponding to 12 Rabea’ Awwal 1432 Hijri.
The public holiday been relayed according to a circular today by Humaid Mohammad Obaid Al Qattami, Minister of Education and Chairman of the Board of the Federal Authority for Human Resources (FAHR). Read more
Emiratis in Cairo can contact UAE embassy through the telephone numbers: 0020237766101, 00202237766102, 002027766103 to follow up their conditions.
Briefs gathered from Google News:
Cairo is preparing for a showdown – protesters calling for a march of millions, 10 am Tuesday toward Tahrir Square
All ports in Egypt close: Wheat shipments to top importer Egypt face delays after operations at the country’s ports were suspended amid ongoing anti-government protests, the general secretary of the Egyptian International Freight Forwarding Association said Monday.
The Al Jazeera Network strongly denounces and condemns the closure of its bureau in Cairo by the Egyptian government. The Network received notification from the Egyptian authorities this morning.
Al Jazeera has received widespread global acclaim for their coverage on the ground across the length and breadth of Egypt. Read more
- Kaspersky Lab’s Products – Try out a free 30-day trial!
Kaspersky Lab International Ltd., a leading developer of secure content and threat management solutions, announces the release of the second version of Kaspersky Small Office Security, a solution specially designed for the protection of small businesses. The updated solution is simple to configure and provides optimal security for small business computer infrastructure and data, with minimal impact on system resources.
Kaspersky Small Office Security 2 incorporates award-winning antivirus technologies from Kaspersky Lab. The antivirus scanner, heuristic analyzer, application control system and isolated â€˜sandboxâ€™ environment for launching suspicious files enable the detection and blocking of both known and new malicious programs before they can inflict any damage. The solution protects servers and workstations running on Windows OS, which is the operating system of choice for many small businesses. Read more
- Over 91,000 companies and individuals from aviation and airport industry apply for prestigious awards over 24 categories
- Winners to be announced on June 1, 2011
- Awards aimed at recognising and honouring outstanding achievements of individuals and airport companies
Arabian Reach, the Dubai-based company specialising in exhibitions and events management across the region, has announced culmination of nominations for the second edition of Emerging Markets Airports (EMA) Awards to be held on June 1, 2011 in Dubai. The company revealed that a total of 91,115 nominations have been filed for the awards, which now enter the voting stage. Read more
RBS Coutts, the international private banking arm of the Royal Bank of Scotland Group, today announced the appointment of Santosh Keni as Head of the Non-Resident Indian (NRI) and South Asia business in the Middle East.
Based in Dubai, Mr Keni will drive the growth of the bankâ€™s NRI and South Asia business in the Middle East. He re-joins RBS Coutts from Barclays Wealth where he was Head of the NRI business in the UAE. Between 2003 and 2008, Mr Keni was part of the investment advisory team at RBS Coutts in Singapore; and later led the Middle East NRI initiative for the bank. Read more
Al Reyami Printing & Publishing LLC has been presented with the Dubai International Print Award (Gold in the Brochure Category) at the awards ceremony organized by â€œPrinting & Publishing Groupâ€ in co-operation with Dubai Chamber, under the patronage of H.H. Sheikh Maktoum Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Deputy Ruler of Dubai. Read more